Individual Investor Services
For our individual clients, we take a holistic approach to making sure clients are always pointed toward their long term goals. Our advice covers more than just a well-rounded investment strategy, but also includes financial planning, tax efficiency, and risk management.
We encourage you to review our main investment strategies and portfolios, but we can also customize a portfolio for your specific needs.
Here are some examples of situations we have helped clients with:
- For busy professionals, you can offload investment selection and ongoing management to a professional who will take care of the details for you, meet with you on your schedule, and help you develop a long-term financial plan.
- For small business owners, we can setup a low-maintenance retirement plan that helps them save for retirement on a tax deferred basis and retain valuable employees.
- For individuals that want to ensure a minimum level of income in retirement or for a spouse or dependent after your passing, we can show you how to supplement social security and any pensions with a lifetime income stream.
- For trusts or individuals inheriting assets we can advise you how to protect and grow those assets while minimizing taxes due on those gains using longer term holding periods, choosing tax-efficient investments, utilizing federal tax free municipal bonds, and tax-loss harvesting strategies.
- For high net worth families, we can show when you might use life insurance to minimize estate taxes or describe how to locate a business broker that can help sell your family business by getting multiple bids from an investment bank representing potential buyers.
- For individuals holding concentrated stock positions in a single company, we can show you how to diversify that concentration risk while also deferring the capital gains taxes due by using an exchange fund.
We are also full-service independent insurance agents that can provide life, health, long-term care, and disability insurance, in addition to lifetime (annuity) income. Because we are independent, we can get competing quotes from multiple carriers and help you select a policy that fits your budget and coverage needs.
We consider financial planning to be one of the most important services we offer our clients. A holistic financial plan gives you the ability to see the forest instead of the trees and focus on your long term goals rather than the daily movement of the markets. Our financial planning process first takes a look at your goals such as retirement income, college funding, or any charitable/legacy goals, and analyzes your current assets and ability to satisfy all of those goals, given projected market returns for your investment portfolio. The plans are remarkably easy to understand, but they can take into account a sophisticated underlying analysis of projected inflation, social security estimates, historical market returns (both good and bad), and other factors that may affect your future. The plans can illustrate multiple potential scenarios to help you decide if you can retire in 5 years or if 10 years is safer, and the long-term difference between contributing 5% and 10% to your 401(k).
Financial plans are living documents that we like to revisit at least annually or whenever any major life events occur.
Financial Planning Factors
- Analysis of Needs and Goals
- Projected Retirement Date
- 401(k) Planning
- College Savings
- Social Security Claiming Strategies
- Retirement Spending and Income Plans
- Risk Management
- Safe Savings Rate / Target Savings
- Projected Market Returns and Inflation Rates
Our client accounts are held at a third-party custodian such as Fidelity Investments or Charles Schwab, where you will have 24/7 online access to view your account balance, holdings, transactions, statements, etc. at any time. The custodian is in charge of safeguarding your assets.